Saturday, May 14, 2016

Song of the Day: "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman

Sometimes nothing else will due but this song, a heartbreaking ballad that tells a story while subtly protesting the lack of true economic mobility in this country.

As Morrissey sang in "Interesting Drug": "Once poor, always poor." But this isn't Morrissey. It's Tracy Chapman with the song "Fast Car."

I'll send you a buck if you can prove to me you didn't sing along with the chorus, "Cause I remember when we were driving/driving in your car/speed so fast, I felt like I was drunk/city lights lay out before us/and your arms felt nice wrapped round my shoulders. And I had a feeling I belonged. .."


   < < previous song 
                                                                                     > > next song




No comments:

Post a Comment