Wednesday, May 4, 2016

One time at bandcamp. . .

I have put a new song up on my bandcamp site. Actually it's an old song, recorded like a decade ago, but I wasn't ready to make a musical push at that time.

Now, I don't care. I've become a cougar, both romantically speaking and on an artistic level. There's no time to waste time!

The song is called "The Fall" and it puts a new spin on the concept of original sin. I don't mean to be sacrilegious.  I was just born asking questions. Listen to it for free.

Here are the lyrics:

The Fall

You look at me like a snake in a tree.
You're ready to strike, and it's alright.
You look at me, I'm an apple, I am eve,
time to leave, sweet surprise, skipping out of paradise.

You took your cue from a pretty rib-bone you wanna own—
got my number in your cell phone.
You, no, you're not blameless.
Took a red-fruit kiss from my lips, you've been dreaming about this.

And we're falling gracefully,
shoulders to the storm that would tear us both apart.
And we're falling gracefully,
windbreakers to the storm and eviction-notice hearts.

You look at me like a fig-leaf tease, you're on your knees,
wave goodbye and drop your keys.
You put an original spin on sin.
Throw caution to the wind. You know I'd do it all again.

And we're falling gracefully,
shoulders to the storm that would tear us both apart.
And we're falling gracefully,
windbreakers to the storm and eviction-notice hearts.




The rendering of me I'm using as the image for the track was done by my amazing artist friend Julianna Balogh. The song was produced by my friend Andrew Chapin at Den Recorders.


No comments:

Post a Comment