Monday, April 25, 2016

Prince's obituary. . .



I'm reading a Rolling Stone obituary of Prince. It's called Prince, the Secret Philanthropist: 'His Cause was  Humanity.'
photo courtesy of Kevin Mazur

I'm so impressed by his originality and incisiveness and quiet philanthropy. The story is really moving me. And I'm an obituist--yes, that's a real term for people who write obituaries, and I put the "bitch" in obituist—so you'd think I' be totally jaded. 
 
"He had a level of pure genius that he expressed through music, and people think, 'Therefore he's a musical genius,'" Jones says. "No, he was a genius who expressed his genius through music, because he could express his genius through anything he wanted to."
By the way, in case you're wondering what my favorite Prince songs are today, I'll tell you: "The Beautiful Ones," "I Could Never Take the Place Of Your Man" and "When You Were Mine." Tomorrow, my list is sure to include "Little Red Corvette." 






No comments:

Post a Comment