Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Humor vid of the day: Growing Up Mexican, the Dance-Off

First of all, while this video of these two Mexican boys dancing is happy-making—I don't really think of it as humorous.

These kids are bad-ass because hey are feeling the music and going for it. They make a groove and then build on it. Check out the vid when you get a chance.

https://www.facebook.com/growingupmexican/

I took dancing lessons as a kid. Lots of them. But my family wasn't a dance to pop or rock or hip-hop music together kind of family.  And ballet and jazz and tap steps rarely translate well to the dance floor, no matter what Julia Styles might say.

This is just one reason I never went to a dance in high school.

But then I went to my senior prom. Finally, I was at a dance. Some music was playing that beckoned me to the dance floor. My date declined to dance, but I decided to try it anyway.

Suddenly I realized something. No one knew how to dance. Not really. Everyone seemed to have a trademark move that they had settled on, satisfied that it looked not too stupid, ws arguably cool and felt natural to their body. Then they did it over and over.

I picked my own trademark move, and I've never turned back.

Show me a dance floor and I will dance until I am positively red. This happened to me at my friend Jessica's wedding, going on two years now. The stereo was blasting tunes hand-selected and burned by the bride and groom.

The mix included that infectious remix of Lana Del Rey's "Summertime Sadness." You get more rave-dance air if you kick off your high heels on the dancefloor, I learned at that shindig.

 There were glow-sticks inside of styrofoam wands. I was somewhat inebriated. The kids were being babysat (clicks heels with joy). And I just got turnt on that dance floor.

I got turnt.





No comments:

Post a Comment