Sunday, April 3, 2016

My favorite part on a male. . .

Haha, I did a wee bit of click-bating.

In fact, my favorite part on a male vocalist is. . .

The vibrato. There's something so appealing, open, vulnerable, emotive about a man whose voice wavers as he sings of love and loss.

Today, I have a few nominations for best male vibrato. I'm sure you have some too.

#1-Dave Wakeling of the English Beat. He was also the frontman for The Beat and General Public, as you '80s kids will recall.




Here he is, so warm and pleading, singing my fave English Beat song, "End of the Party."


Next up, we have Bryan  Ferry of Roxy Music.




who added a touch of romanticism to the late '70s and early '80s. Here he is singing "Dance Away."




Now I promise you that I could go on and on, musical Rain Man that I am, naming men with fantastic vibratos. But I've got a toddler who not only wants my attention but is dirtier than a "Little Rascal" who's been swimming in a mudhole. 

What's your favorite vibrato? 


No comments:

Post a Comment