Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Song of the Day: "Feel Okay" ft. Lethal Bizzle" by Girli














<<last song
>> next song

This song has it all: melodic chorus, danceable beat and rap featuring heavy English accents. Plus, I would give it my vote for the best use of the word "banter."

Song of the day on battlestar eclectica is "Feel Okay" ft. Lethal Bizzle by Girli

And who, you may ask, is GIRLI. It's a valid question, one I share. She is, according to my friend and confidante Wikipedia, an English pop musician whose real name is Milly Toomey. She's cute and looks hella fun.


I know what you're saying. Don't forget to find out who Lethal Bizzle is. After all, this tune straight up features him. He's an English rapper whose real name is Maxwell Ansah. I'm told "he emerged in 2002 as a grime MC as part of More Fire Crew, with their grime single 'Oi!' charting in the top 10 of the UK singles Chart.

As always, when attempting, all hubris-like, to acquire encyclopedic music knowledge, one question leads to another. What is grime? I know the word means dirt and filth, but apparently it's also a music genre. What kind of genre? That's a topic for another blog. 

I'm currently reading John Cleese's biography, "So Anyway," which was unaccountably lodged on the shelves in the book section of my local 99 cent store. I've only read 30 pages and it's already worth thrice that.

When watching old episodes of Monty Python, I've always had a crush on John Cleese. What can I say? I'm shacked up with a 6-foot-5 guy who is far skinnier than me. I love me a tall drink of water.


I guess I'll end this English love fest by saying I feel sad about the terrorist attack at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester. Why mess with young people who have saved up their money to see a fun pop show? Music is meant to equal peace.

I should warn you, however, that this particular piece of music, the quite fun "Feel Okay" includes a couple of prominent f-bombs along with s-bombs and likely other four letter words of mass destruction. If you like your lyrics soapy clean, don't click on this link.

Otherwise, get ready to twerk or at least bob your head.




No comments:

Post a Comment