Friday, November 14, 2014

This is un-pre-ce-dented!

I have a friend who is a Hungarian artist, half-Gypsy and a Pisces to boot. She's very talented and, needless to say, very dramatic. When something amazes her, she will often say, very slowly, "This is un-pre-ce-dented!"

I'm thinking of that now.

Let's start here. I'm a liberal. I'm so liberal I'm conservative. I'm an environmentalist who wants to increase my garden produce production to minimize my family's GMO intake. I'm registered with the Green Party because I feel it's the most elven of political parties.

And yet, credit must go where credit is due. So I'm going to do something "un-pre-ce-dented" (I'm saying that in an Eastern European accent). I'm going to give George W. Bush kudos. I'm going to declare his recent avowed stance classy.




And now, here it is, the missing link between my left and right wings, a link to an article in Business Insider explaining why President Bush refuses to criticize President Obama.

"I don't think it's good for the country to have a former president undermine a current president; I think it's bad for the presidency for that matter," Bush is quoted as having said.

Well played, Mr. Bush. May you continue to pleasantly surprise me.

—Sarah Torribio

No comments:

Post a Comment