Friday, November 7, 2014

My young, hip friend. . .

I went to a party full of 25/26 year olds. I'm 40 but I didn't feel out of place, perhaps because I drank some jungle juice and the younguns were smart and cool. (Also, my inner child is 12, so. . .)

I played beer pong for the first time and won. It's not beginners luck. I'm a natural athlete.

I tried on a Cruella Deville wig and felt sexy. Again, that can probably be attributed to the jungle juice.



I'm hiding something behind my back in this pic, so know that I DO have arms. Not that there's anything wrong with not having arms. and that sweet little cat curled up next to me is actually a snuggly fox hat that belongs to my 5-year-old son.

Anyhow, one of the party's hosts introduced me to this lively song by a group called Bagraider. Listen to it next time you need a little bump at work, and I'm not asking about cocaine. (This isn't the 1980s, my friend, and we are not on the set of Wall Street. And the Michael Douglas character was wrong when he said, "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good." Because greed sucks. It's why our country is in so much trouble. But don't get me started.)

Returning to my less divisive a-political mode, here is the song, called "Shooting Stars." I hope you like it.



—Sarah Torribio

No comments:

Post a Comment