Saturday, November 8, 2014

And the walls came crumbling down in the city we love. . .

Okay, the world is falling apart. Patently. The Middle East is in a total uproar. The economy is really bad, for a lot of people. And schoolgirls are being kidnapped in Africa. Don't get me started on the melting polar icecaps and the school shootings and the ebola.

Sometimes, when I try to think of all those things at once, I can't handle it. I shut down. And I can't afford to shut down--no one can.

And so, as immature and silly and time-wasteful as it may seem, I spend a lot of time feeding my bullet-ridden heart chakra with images that bring me light and peace. Yes, my friends, I am an unrepentant pinned and poster of cat pictures.

This one I found the other day melts my heart while, at the same time, repairing it. I mean, come on. This kitten is barely bigger than those walnuts!




Now the funny thing is, when I followed this Pinterest pin to its original source, that I might upload the photo of this lil' sweety, I found it, along with other cute-spiration on a site that bills itself as the first Bulgarian Entertainment Portal. Now, Bulgarians could use some cat pictures. In fact, I've heard that eastern Europe is THE planetary hotspot for the virtual exchange of images that make one "squee."

I can't stop looking at it. That big head. The little paws. The walnuts!

—Sarah Torribio

No comments:

Post a Comment