Friday, August 29, 2014

Take me on. . .

Anyone who can perform the high note from A-ha's "Take on Me," I invite you to a contest. The first person to send me a recording of that single note where Norwegian songbird Morten Harket really lets it soar--during the phrase "in a day"--gets a free T-shirt. Just send me an mp3 or a wav file. The T-shirt might not be new, but it's the thought that counts.

And by the way, A-ha's entire album, "Hunting High and Low" is highly under-rated. There's a lot more on that album than the song made famous by its animated video. There's one song where, I swear, Harket sounds like Peter Murphy. Of course, "The Sun Always Shines on TV" is a thrilling composition.

But have you heard the song "Living a Boy's Adventure Tale"? It's pretty and unusual and worth a listen.

I'm going to look for the song on YouTube so I can embed the video. Aha, I found it!


--Sarah Torribio

No comments:

Post a Comment