Saturday, June 13, 2020

Song of the Day: "Amber" by 311


>>last song
<<next song


Hello summer! I see you, even when you're tryin' to hide yourself behind a medical mask. As for 311, those dudes put the "mic" in pandemic. 
I know, it's too soon for Coronavirus jokes. Come to think of it, it's still too early for Titanic jokes and, for that matter, Pompeii jokes. 
But the all-grows-up class clown in me always has to go for the gag. It's like you have to aim for the brass ring while riding a carousel. I'm a writer, and though we play hide-and-seeks, all of us are attention-hungry. 

As for my song of the day, you can't tell me you could compile a "summer playlist' without at least considering "Amber." (Unless your bag is metal or death metal, in which case I bet you could.)

No comments:

Post a Comment