Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Song of the Day: "Around U" by MUNA


                                                                             >>next song

I just looked it up and discovered that the band MUNA is an American dark pop/electric pop.  Which doesn't explain the sort of Swedish/Cocteau Twins feel to the vocals, as if the lead singer hails from an imaginary Nordic country.

I found my song of the day,  MUNA's "Around U," while browsing on letsloop for music similar to Pale Waves. The latter group is a band that I love based on the two songs I've heard. I said my knowledge of music was broad, I never said it was deep. But with so much good music around, all you can do is try to keep up.

Now this probably revelatory of my troubled psyche but I was hearing one of the recurring lines as "I'm no longer evil around you," which I thought was kinda cool. Combating recidivism through love. However, it's more of a classic breakup sentiment: "I no longer revolve around you." Burn!


—Sarah Torribio

No comments:

Post a Comment