Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Etsy find of the day

There is something weirdly compelling about The Bayer Unicorn Head Mount featured on the WhiteFaux Taxidermy shop on Etsy.com
If you're not familiar with Etsy, it's this huge marketplace of vintage and handmade goods that is representative of the new economy. When money and jobs don't trickle down, people make their own jobs. More power to them.

There are some who might say, Sarah, there are better things you can do with $92. Perhaps something decadent like loading up your son's lunch account at school. I say, "But look at that sparkling horn."

I have only one complaint about the artists who created this majestic piece of art. They have listed it as being appropriate for a "kids room."

I say, what are you talking about? No one who wasn't alive in the late '70s and early '80s really understands unicorn mania.

I had a unicorn barrel purse decades before my youngsters, Alex, 7, and Savannah, 2, were a twinkle in my eye!

I haven't bought the unicorn head—it's not a shopping kind of week. But I did the next best thing and favorited it. Is it your favorite too?

No comments:

Post a Comment