Sunday, January 12, 2020

Song of the Day: "Bastards of Young" by The Replacements




•OLDER POST
•NEWER POST 


I'd love to say I'm naturally perceptive when it comes to music and that when "Bastards of Young" by the Replacements came out in 1985, when I was a wee lass of 11, I was an instant fan.

I was an early adopter of alternative rock, thanks to living in LA and in airwave earshot of KROQ and to having an older sister. Still, I never heard this tune until I came across it on the soundtrack of the fantastic coming of age movie "Adventureland" (2009) which, with its standout performances by Kristin Stewart and Jessie Eisenberg, I highly recommend. The song is marked by the wistfulness we all sometimes experience, when we feel life has passed us by without us managing to properly live.

No comments:

Post a Comment