Thursday, February 28, 2019

Song of the Day: "Get Well" by Donna Missal


  • OLDER POST
  • NEWER POST



"Get Well" by Donna Missal is such a pretty pop torch song. And the relationship biz being discussed in this song is real. Been there and stayed the night. 

The internet tells me Donna Missal is a singer/songwriter from New Jersey. Her site tells me she was homeschooled. 

I'm bad at glibly naming genres, but I'd guess I'd call this low-key electro-pop. Ms. Missal's voice has an appealing combination of Fiona Apple smokiness and Halsey smoothness. Meanwhile, the lyrics are confessional a la Ani Difranco in songs like "You Had Time." 

As usual, I came across this song on the music-sharing site letsloop.com. As I edge toward middle age, it helps me stay up with new music and also come across the old stuff I somehow missed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment