Sunday, June 18, 2017

Random Musings: Change is scared-citing, I can assure you


I've got a job interview today. I'm scared-cited.
What I've learned in the last few weeks is that if you don't make change, it'll come looking for you. That's a not-so-oblique reference to my recent, sudden and unexpected unemployment.
I have to drop a name here. (lights cigarette)
True story. When I was acting as a freelance entertainment writer for the Reno Gazette Journal, I interviewed Mike Tyson. Maybe 13 minutes on the phone with the man.
Hearing his words was almost impossible, between his manner of speaking, a poor connection and the fact that I was interviewing him outside my workplace with planes flying over my head.
I could understand a few key phrases. One of them was his response to what it's like having his own cartoon. He said, "It's marvelous, I can assure you."
I kind of like ending a sentence that way: I can assure you. It has an earnestness that I want to be a part of.

He also said this about his trials and tribulations. He was promoting his one-man show, by-the-bye. He said, "If you're not humble, life will humble you."
True that, Mike. True that.
End of tangent. What was I talking about? Oh yeah, job interview. So send me some good vibes, homies. I can always use them.
Also I'm an energy vampire so I'm already always slurping up your good vibes for my own use with a straw, metaphorically speaking.
Wait. Did I write that last part aloud?






<<previous musing

>>next  musing

No comments:

Post a Comment