Saturday, April 29, 2017

Song of the Day: "Quit" by Cashmere Cat ft. Ariana Grande















<<last song
                           >> next song

My song of the day is a really cool song by Cashmere Cat called "Quit" and which features Ariana Grande.



This is a great song--sexy and chill and wistful and all that.

Bit it also has this really slow-burn funk and dubstep symphonic thing going when you get to some of the breakdowns. It's a different tone but it was the same way I was reeled into loving Justin Bieber's "Where Are Ü Now. Which I believe  Diplo and Skrillex produced or mixed or whatever—I'm really on a learning curve with this modern blend of electronic pop rock and R&B music.

It's where I feel the oldest. Me from '80s. Me no understand today's tunes.

But then I give a new song a chance and from time to time I get obsessed.

The maker's of this particular song, "Quit," are betting that you're be waiting with baited breath for when the beat dro
                              oo
                                    ops.


For me, the epiphanic moment comes at 1:25 or so. There it is

And I'm like, bitch, I'm too cool for pop music. I want to go back to my easy teenaged ways where I liked everything except "rap and country." It's not that easy. Plus, who needs all the feels evoked by what's basically a digital torch-song?

But then again. . .

There are really good songwriters and producers out there right now, as well as bands. It's an embarrassment of riches and a Sisyphean task. All you can do is hope you stumble across some of the good stuff out there. It may help if you can find a curator. Someone who can say, this song is special, or at least it's special to me today. And who you agree with some percentage of the time.

If I can do that, I will be satisfied. Nah, I wanna be rich too and also known as a writer.

But enough of me. It's such a fine line between "being personal" and being Narcissistic in a blog. Hey, what's going on? One short blog entry and I've alluded to two Greek gods. I wasn't aware of the denizen of Mount Olympus and its environs had made its way so firmly into my subconscious.

Okay, Ariana Grande has a versatile voice and may well surprise us over her career. I think I even once saw a video of her as a teen singing a version of an Imogen Heap song, for which I say "50 points for Gryffindor!"

Oh shit, there's that riff back 2:50 in the track. And it wouldn't be so exquisite if it didn't take all that time for the beat to to dro
                                       ooo
                                                oop.

Oh yeah, and I got up on the Wikipedia just, which is my main source of information alongside Wikileaks (just kidding, true not true, sweaty palms). I've learned that this Cashmere Cat—a very tactile name, if I may say—is a Norwegian DJ.

Here's a pic of said cat, and he looks like he's one with the turntable.




Why are DJs from Nordic countries so good and so plentiful? I'm even friends with a Swiss DJ/aka life coach thanks to my parents, who introduce me to all kinds of interesting people.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with a magical, Thor-like transformation in which someone puts on a really hot track just as the Northern Lights appear overhead. Björk magically appears and kisses them on the forehead, followed by a visitation by a peaceful polar-bear who comes bearing a pair of golden headphones.

The object of said ceremony feels his heart begin his or her heart to beat like a bass drum and so it begins. But I digress. . .

Heree, again, is my song of the day: 'Quit" by Cashmere Cat featuring Ariana Grande.







1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning content you have here... I really love this song. Appreciated at
    Ariana Grande Quit

    ReplyDelete