Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Song of the Day: "Sugar and Spice" by Hatch



"Sugar and Spice" by Hatchie is song of the day on Battlestar Eclectica. This tune, which I discovered on letsloop today, is sweet and pretty without being cloying, which is quite an achievement. It's such refreshing music, a palate cleanser after what has been a shitty news year, regardless of party affiliation or lack thereof. It reminds me to enjoin myself: "Sarah, consume less news and enjoy more music!"

Hatchie is actually one chick, kind of like Foster the People is mostly comprised of Mark Foster. It's the moniker that Harriette Pilbeam, a singer-songwriter from Brisbane, Australia, goes by. I'm pleased to make her musical acquaintance. The genre, the internet tells me, is shoegaze or dream pop which, as a certified daydream believer is right in my wheelhouse. 

--Sarah Torribio





No comments:

Post a Comment