Monday, August 15, 2016

Sometimes I DIY


I am creating a dock and an ocean of glass and painted rocks in the backyard. The dock is on painted tires and bounces. It's made from a little boardwalk--I've got several of them--someone left near the dumpster at my workplace. 

The rocks I have either painted with nail polish or acrylic paint, with glitter poured over it or a coat of glitter nail polish. 

I plan to add lots of sand as well as some seashells. I still need to sand and weather-proof the dock, hopefully with a really thick resin that will make the dock comfortable on bare feet.  

I will keep y'all updated as the project continues. It's all part of a new effort on my part to become a maker and do things in the real world. 

Writing takes a lot of patience. So while I'm waiting on myself to finish big writing projects and waiting on the world to change, I'm engaged in home improvement projects that will hopefully make my back-yard into a low-cost wonderland for my kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment