Sunday, November 24, 2019

Song of the Day: "Romeo and Juliet" by The Killers

                                                                                          >>next song                                 
                                                                                          
Some things are simple cause and effect.

I stumbled across a new-to-me Killers song, "Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll" and of course had to keep listening to the Killers because they are bad-ass.

I got a craving for their "Romeo and Juliet," an exquisitely-rendered cover of a Dire Straits song, off their 2007 sophomore release "Sawdust." I found it on YouTube and it's now song of the day on Battlestar Eclectica I'm usually a stoic, but the song making me a little emotional tonight. It must be a combination of the poignant theme (love lost) and image-rich lyrics, which are veritable literature set to music. I mean come one: "All I do is kiss you through the bars of a rhyme. Juliet, I'd do the stars with you any time."

You had me at hello.




No comments:

Post a Comment