Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Song of the Day: "Rise" by Public Image Limited


                        >>next song

So much of writing is intuition. I'm trying to polish off a screenplay written years ago with a couple of friends. 
A small but integral part of the characters is being tweaked. I've taken way too long to finish this thing and have all but lost confidence in myself. 
So I'm fueling my "writer's journey" by listening on repeat to "Rise" by Public Image Limited (PIL, if you want to be quick about it.) Because that's what I intuit I need to keep going. I need to listen to Johnny Lydon and put one word in front of the other. 
You should try writing to a certain rhythm, sometime, by the way. I do it a lot. 
Can you imagine the momentum you're charged with when writing along to the Killers' careening "Sam's Town"? The perfection and elegance you strive for when listening to the glittering romanticism of Roxy Music's "More Than This."
So that's it. PIL on repeat. Me writing.

—Sarah Torribio

No comments:

Post a Comment