Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Random Musing: That certain stranger. . .





















<<last musing

>>next musing


I was just DM’d on a certain social media platform by a vaguely continental-looking stranger.
From his avatar I deduce he’s part of a Prague-based catfishing operation targeting women having a midlife crisis. I’m currently having several discreet midlife crises regarding entirely different topics, because I compartmentalize. It only hurts when you breathe.
Anyhow, his one-line opener was: “Hello you look stunning and I want to be your friend.” The message was oddly compelling. What’s more endearing than charming words delivered so directly there’s no time for commas?
Friends, I was flattered. I who am happily married and know the message is fishy as hell. Is this what being in your (ahem) mid-40s is like?
Totally deleting the DM, tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment