Friday, August 7, 2020

Song of the Day: "Song from the Edge of the World"



               
With this in mind, my song of the Day is “Song from the Edge of the World,” a 1987 Siouxsie and the Banshees song. It was released as a stand-alone single, which I had, or shared with my then-boyfriend, on cassette. 

It's modern and fresh and new while simultaneously exuding the mythic and mystical ambiance common to this glam, gothic, punk, romantic dark wave, new wave band. Also in the band's favor, Siouxsie Sioux could power the world with her voice, a deep, octave-straddling and a soaring vibrato.

You know how lazy radio stations are, though. I’ll wager this song has never seen airplay outside of Shropshire. Check it this vibrant B-side and tell me what you think as Siouxsie scatters black and silver fairy dust over your world.






No comments:

Post a Comment